We were requested to bring Cowboy Caviar. I first made this for his family for one of the niece's shower at least 2 years ago. I was relatively new to his family & everyone looked at my dishes to pass & said "Who brought that???". By the end of the party, they were all asking for the recipe.
1 can black beans rinsed & drained1 can whole kernel corn, drained
4-5 Roma tomatoes diced
1 large avocado diced (add last, just before serving)
1/2 red onion chopped
1/4 C fresh cilantro (we used the kind that comes in a tube in the refrigerator section of your grocery store)
Dressing:
3 T red wine vinegar
2 tsp lime juice (can use lemon juice in a pinch)
1 tsp Tabasco sauce (more is you want it spicier)
1 tsp kosher salt
Mix all together, serve with Scoops.
And from this Blog Post, I attempted to make this beautiful Rainbow cake as Jorgen's Birthday Cake. My version, not quite as vibrant of colors. I used the basic 4 pack of food coloring from the grocery store. I only did 4 layers & it was still very time consuming. The results were beautiful, everyone loved it & said it was delicious (both cake mix & frosting were bought.)
Happy Birthday Sweetie!

Happy Birthday Sweetie!I love you, Karla
No comments:
Post a Comment